Atxaga awarded with the Ostana Internationa Prize
2023-07-20 ¦ News
The Ostana Prize are awarded annually in Italy to reward literature and creativity in minority languages. In this year's award ceremony, held in june in the town of Ostana, Bernardo Atxaga has received the International Award.
The mission of Premio Ostana – Ostana Prize is guarding and promoting linguistic biodiversity. The Ostana Prize’s goal is to provide a place and an opportunity for the meeting of peoples, stories and cultures, to foster debate for reflecting about language rights, according to the initiatives promoted by the United Nations in the framework of the International Decade of Indigenous Languages 2022-2032.
The 2023 edition has honored the following creators:
- Special Prize: HAWAD, Tamajaght language (Tuareg)
- International Prize: Bernardo ATXAGA, Euskera language (Spain)
- Historical Linguistic Minorities in Italy Prize: Liliana BERTOLO BONIFACE, Francoprovençal language (Italy)
- Youth Prize: Blanca I. FERNÁNDEZ QUINTANA, Asturian language (Spain)
- Translation Prize: Monica LONGOBARDI, Occitan language (Italy)
- Occitan Language Prize: Sarah LAURENT-ZURAWCZAK, Occitan language (France)
- Musical Composition Prize: Fiona MACKENZIE, Gaelic language (Scotland)
- Cinema Prize: Julie PERREARD, Corsican language (France)
The Prizes were mentioned in several newspapers in Italy, and some of them have interviewed Atxaga:
La Repubblica - Robinson: